Our inclusion promise
Inclusion at work is about recognising and appreciating that every individual is different. It’s about ensuring that everyone, whether a candidate seeking work through PageGroup or one of our own employees, is valued and respected and that their selection for recruitment, training or promotion is always based on professional merit.
At PageGroup, we’re committed to promoting inclusion at work and to continually improving our own working environment. It is essential to the success of our business globally that the people we employ feel valued and that we understand and add value into the markets we recruit into on behalf of our clients. We’re determined to lead the way on inclusion within the recruitment industry and work closely with our clients sourcing and recruiting from a truly diverse talent pool in order to support their diversity strategies and provide them with the best possible candidates for the roles they are seeking to fill.
So, what does PageGroup do to promote inclusion?
- PageGroup has a longstanding equal opportunities and inclusion policy which is communicated to all employees.
- The inclusion message within the company is co-ordinated by our OpenPage forum and our Learning and Development team ensures ongoing awareness training for all staff.
- As a recruitment organisation, making judgements based on candidates’ individual professional merits is at the heart of our approach. That’s why we have introduced more competency-based procedures into our selection processes. These ensure any decisions are objective and based purely on professional merit.
- We strive to ensure that we offer our clients the most qualified candidates on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities and that those candidates are drawn from diverse backgrounds. We have a variety of methods to monitor and analyse numbers from specific target groups to ensure inclusion is being actively encouraged.
- We advertise in a wide range of media, both online and offline.
- Through sponsorship of specific events we can get our message to the heart of individual communities and groups. By working with organisations such as Opportunity Now, Race for Opportunity, the Business Disability Forum and the Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion, we advance ideas and explore issues on the diversity agenda.
In order to give us even greater insight into inclusion issues, we’ve joined forces with the following organisations as a corporate member:
A membership organisation for employers who are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for women.
Business Disability Forum
PageGroup are committed to working more closely with our client hirers to ensure they are welcoming to disabled job seekers and that they make their processes barrier free. Find out more in our Business Disability Forum Charter.
Employers Network for Equality & Inclusion
ENEI works to achieve and promote best practice in equality and inclusion in the workplace.
REC Diversity Pledge
We have signed up to the Jobcentre Plus and the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Diversity Pledge. View our REC Diversity Pledge certificate here.
Race for Opportunity
A diversity campaign committed to improving employment opportunities for ethnic minorities across the UK.
PageGroup is a Champion of Stonewall, the campaigning organisation supporting and addressing the needs of lesbians, gay men and bisexuals in the workplace and the wider community.