Page Executive were approached by New Balance to recruit their General Manager of Direct to Consumer (Retail and Ecommerce). This was a newly created role for New Balance, so time was spent getting to know the Vice President and his team and understanding the scope and potential of the role.
As the role was based in their headquarters in Warrington, it was more than likely that the ideal candidate would need to relocate. This role was a strategic, high profile position leading the growth of New Balance DTC, therefore having a sound understanding of retail in EMEA was key.
- A detailed candidate assignment pack to include information on the New Balance strategy, role details and relocation information
- A thorough mapping and search of the global sports market
- An Advertised campaign across key websites
- A Weekly progress update with the Head of HR
- 6 weeks from the role sign-off to shortlist
- Shortlist included ideal candidates from top 3 competitors: Puma, Nike and Adidas
- References taken for all candidates interviewed
- 291 names identified globally on the search
- Advert was viewed 2522 times
- 13 Page Executive interviews
- The preferred candidate accepted the role, 9 weeks after project sign off